Mexico Cooks! has been around the manzana (city block) a time or two since first living in Mexico nearly 30 years ago. Over all of that time, we've found a lot of hidden wonders in this vast República.
In the "ABOUT" section listed on the front page of Mexico Cooks! (up there in the right-hand corner, where it's easy to miss), I make mention of the highly personalized tours I occasionally give for small groups. Many of my readers have asked about planning a Mexico Cooks! tour for themselves and their friends. Today, I've succumbed to your requests for more information.
Minimum group size is two people, and I can accommodate up to seven tour participants for a day trip, a few-days' trip, or a longer adventure.
All of the tours that I offer include the following:
- my undivided attention for the duration of your tour
- personalized tours to meet your special interests
- extensive pre-planning to maximize your experience on tour
- my 100% bilingual (English/Spanish) guide service
- tour transportation (not including air travel), including all ground vehicle related expenses, gasoline, parking fees, and tolls
- Cost of all meals taken as a group, tips, museum entry fees
Tour participants pay individually for:
- air transportation costs to/from and within Mexico
- ground transportation to/from airports and/or bus stations and participants' hotels
- hotel accommodations and accommodation-related tips
- alcoholic beverages consumed at tour meals
- all food and all beverages consumed at non-tour meals or during "on your own" times
The myriad wonders of Mexico are too many to count, and too many to see in an entire lifetime. If you've been here and want more, the "more" that most tourists never see, Mexico Cooks! will meet your needs. Traveling with Mexico Cooks!, you have the opportunity to tailor-make the tour you want. Nothing is pre-packaged. Each itinerary is designed based on your ideas, your wants.
If you have particular interests (artisan villages and handwork, churches and cathedrals, city and country markets [with or without a cooking class!], traditional Mexican food and ingredients in all their regional varieties, restaurants small and large, special fiestas and religious celebrations, and small regional museums, to list a few), Mexico Cooks! can show you more than you've dreamed of finding.
Most of the Mexico Cooks! tours are focused on Mexico's high-altitude Central Highlands, where the weather is nearly always temperate: balmy and sunny during the day and refreshingly cool during the evening hours. The best times for touring are mid-June through February. March through late May are often uncomfortably warm and dry for daytime touring. Come discover the cool joy of central Mexico in the summer.
This is the perfect time to start planning a Mexico Cooks! tour. Email me at email@example.com and tell me what you might like to do, or ask me for suggestions based on your interests. I'll be happy to quote prices and any other details you need.
Buen viaje--Mexico Cooks! te espera! (Have a great trip--Mexico Cooks! is waiting for you!)