The venerable Times (the London, England, Times) has named Mexico Cooks! the Number One food blog in the world. According to the author of the article, there are more than 10,000 food blogs currently on the Internet--and we're the top.
Just click on the link to read the full article, which appeared in The Times on November 27, 2008.
TOP 10 FOOD BLOGS
1) Mexico Cooks - Cristina Potter’s knowledge of Mexican food is matched only by her passion for her adopted home. The best starting point for anyone who wants to learn more about the varied cuisine of this extraordinary country.
2) Eating Asia - Robyn Eckhardt knows more about the food of South East Asia than anyone I have ever encountered. Check out a recent post on The Philippines for an example of superb food writing.
3) Silverbrow on food - The quirky journal of a man whose eating is restricted by the Jewish rules of Kashrut, the author still seems to pack away plenty of food and writes about it very well.
4) Grab your fork - All food bloggers should aspire to be as good as Helen Yee. Her wonderful website, mainly about Sydney is a daily read for me even if she is discussing places halfway across the world.
5) Chocolate and zucchini - Clotilde Dusoulier’s online presence remains the ne plus ultra of French food blogs and has been supported by the recent publication of books based on her experiences of shopping, eating and cooking in Paris.
(Click the above link to Top 10 Food Blogs from Around the World for the next five blogs.)
To say that Mexico Cooks! all but fell off her chair when The Times emailed with this news is an understatement. We're still grinning and more than a bit dazzled.
You might like to have a look at what my cyber-friend Steve Cotton had to say about all this on his blog, Same Life--New Location. Thanks, Steve!
Viva Times de Londres! Viva Mexico Cooks! And viva, qué viva México!
Looking for a tailored-to-your-interests specialized tour in Mexico? Click here: Tours.